A Place For Food Wrap Containers

Looking back now, It seems the long narrow boxes that hold wax paper, plastic wrap, tin foil, etc. always seemed to take up a lot of space and ended up being stored in places that made them just kinda in the way or hard to get at.
When we moved, our new kitchen didn't have as much cabinet space as our old kitchen.

I solved that problem by recycling an old computer desk top & creating an extra shelf.

It turns out, 1 x 4s are just the right height to use as supports for the shelf. I had been hanging on to a finished desk top piece, knowing I would find a good use for it at some point.

I ran the 1 x 4s on both ends and also across the back to make sure the boxes didn't get pushed too far in. The shelf it's self, overhangs the back 1 x 4 support so I didn't actually loose any shelf space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask questions or make comments.